The Denison Burial Ground was established by the Denison family in 1698. This hallowed ground is the final resting place to over one hundred Dension family members. The stones are made of gray slate,red sandstone and granite. The grounds are presently owned and maintained by The Denison Society.
George Denison & Lucy Gallup Denison. Married June 6, 1717. The original Denison home burnt down just prior to their wedding and George and Lucy built Pequotsepos Manor which remains today.
Pequotsepos Manor is celebrating its 300th Anniversary this year. We also celebrate the first Denisons to call it home Captain George and Lucy Denison.