The Denison Homestead

300 Years of Mystic, CT History

WELCOME!
OPEN: JUNE – OCTOBER
Fridays, Saturdays & Mondays
Tours at 12:15/1:15/2:15/3:15
Admission: $5
Children under 6, Members & Active Duty Military FREE!
Tours and research opportunities can be scheduled outside normal hours by calling 860-536-9248. 


 MARK YOUR CALENDARS…

~ May 30th ~
Old Mystic Memorial Day Parade
8:30am
From School Superintendent Building (49 N. Stonington Road, Old Mystic) to the War Memorials, Rte. 27
Reception to follow at the Old Mystic Inn,
originally built by John Denison in 1784!
parade

 

~ June 11th ~
12th Annual CT Open House Day (FREE!)
CTOpenHouseDay2016
 ~ June 25th ~
Ye Olde Lebanon Towne Militia 

All day in the Militia Meadow
& House Tours from 12-4

Lebanon Event Poster

 


“Long before there were Nature Conservancies, before there were any local land trusts, in fact prior to any general awareness about nature education and habitat preservation, The Denison Society, of Stonington, CT made a commitment to environmental preservation.”
-Maggie Jones, Executive Director of DPNC.

During 2016 the Denison Homestead will celebrate 70 years of preservation and exploration of the environment through its stewardship of more than 160 acres of George Denison’s original
200 acre land grant.

By providing nearly 80 acres of land  the Denisons have supported a nature preserve in Stonington for all to enjoy since 1946.  Until 1972 the Pequotsepos Wildlife Sanctuary was the beneficiary of this gift. In 1972 the Denison Trustees organized its successor, the present-day Denison Pequotsepos Nature Center, affording it the same opportunity to this share this space with the community.


 



 

WordPress SEO fine-tune by Meta SEO Pack from Poradnik Webmastera